Clean drinking water is essential to everyone in daily life. In this article, we endeavor to explain the benefits of the Kishu charcoal filter, its types, its maintenance process, and methods of re-using it once it has been exhausted.
To begin with, the Kishu charcoal filter is an eco-friendly solution, an easy-to-use filter that removes the harmful toxins and leaves the good ones, for example, Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium.
The packaging of the Kishu charcoal filter comes in three different sizes. The sizes depend on the water volume to be purified within a specific period.
1. Kishu To Go: Meant for absorption of toxins in small volumes of water, approximately 16oz of water per hour.
2. Kishu Regular: Medium amounts of water can be purified of contaminants in roughly 2 quarts of water every four hours. If the water is contaminated with chloramines, then it can take up to 6 hours to purify an equivalent volume.
3. Kishu X-large: Absorbs toxins from approximately 3 gallons of water every 24 hours.
What Toxins Does the Kishu Charcoal Filter Remove from Water?
- Chlorine- chlorine is used in purifying water, but it reacts with plastic giving the water a bad taste
- Organic chemicals and metals- Pesticides used in the farms will likely find their way into
the water if it rains.
- Pharmaceuticals- Industries that produce pharmaceuticals sometimes discharge waste into water sources.
- This water ends up in taps in our homes.
How Is the Kishu Charcoal Filter Supposed to Be Maintained?
Maintaining this valuable stick is easy. Here’s how:
- Boil it at least once per month in a shallow pan for 5 minutes.
- Allow it to dry for 30 minutes. Flaking may occur because of the heat, but the stick is still intact.
- Replace it after four months.
Reusability of the Kishu Charcoal Filter Stick
A spent stick can still be used to:
- Absorb the smells in the refrigerator better than baking soda
- Mix with garden soil to improve its absorption ability
- Be used at the bottom of potted plants to improve drainage
To sum it all up, we should be sure of the water we drink. This stick provides us with 100% guaranteed drinking water safety so enjoy every drop with the Kishu charcoal filter.